Perfectly Modded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michelangel0
I'm getting the hang of this

HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? Empty
PostSubject: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 2:52 am

HELP ANYONE???

I've installed the game from scratch again...
I'm using STEAM VERSION.

following this guide at this step:

Quote :Step 4: Open File "Modorganizer.ini" in your Skyrim Folder using Notepad or Notepad++

Press CTRL+H for Notepad and Notepad++ to bring up the Find & Replace Window

Find "X:\\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim)"

Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"

*IMPORTANT: NOTE THAT THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT SLASHES, BOTH FORWARD AND BACKWARD, SINGLE SLASH AND DOUBLE SLASH.
So it should look like :

D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim

D:/SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Enlarge this image
HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? Zacx

I'm in the exact situation, but I installed a new drive so I did all the installation again in this new Hard Drive. The path is D: as this user.

I do follow all the guide, but at the very first moment I run modorganizer.exe the program screws all the .ini paths
Take a look on the examples:

////////////////////////
11\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MergePlugins.exe
11\arguments=
11\workingDirectory=
11\closeOnStart=false
11\steamAppID=
12\title=SUM
12\custom=true
12\toolbar=true
12\ownicon=true
12\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
12\arguments=-Xmx1024m -jar \"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\SUM Program\\SkyProc Patchers\\SUM\\SUM.jar\"
12\workingDirectory=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MO MODS/SUM Program/SkyProc Patchers/SUM
12\closeOnStart=false
12\steamAppID=
13\title=ASIS
13\custom=true
13\toolbar=true
13\ownicon=false
13\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
13\arguments=-Xmx1024m -jar \"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\ASIS Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\ASIS\\ASIS.jar\"
13\workingDirectory=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MO MODS/ASIS Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/ASIS
13\closeOnStart=false
13\steamAppID=
14\title=WTF
14\custom=true
14\toolbar=false
14\ownicon=false
14\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
14\arguments=-jar \"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\WTF Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\T3nd0_WTF\\WTF.jar\"
14\workingDirectory=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MO MODS/WTF Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/T3nd0_WTF
///////////////////////////////////////

I took special care to reinstall all from the scratch but modorganizer.exe keeps modyfing the .ini file!!
what is going on?????
why are alll these D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim Paths appearing ???
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 7:09 pm

It is possible that you forgot a letter/character or a slash, and pack could probably have more .ini or .txt files that point to skyrim directory. One such example is X:\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\mo_path.txt that's why i recommend the other method if installing it to X:\Skyrim because it minimizes user error and has more compatibility.
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Michelangel0

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 am

@RottenDub wrote:
It is possible that you forgot a letter/character or a slash, and pack could probably have more .ini or .txt files that point to skyrim directory. One such example is X:\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\mo_path.txt that's why i recommend the other method if installing it to X:\Skyrim because it minimizes user error and has more compatibility.

oh...but in your installation guide there is no mention to other files. I took special care to check every possible iteration of X: in modorganizer.ini but I can see that maybe we should check in more files...

do you have an idea which files to verify?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 1:41 am

@Doudawitzki wrote:
Hey michelangelo, i managed to fix our issue if you still care about it.
Replace "X:\\Skyrim" by "D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim"
Replace "X:/Skyrim" by "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim"

NOTE THE SLASH ARE DIFFERENT ON THE TWO LINES

Then save etc.
Then right click on your install directory of skyrim, properties, untick read-only for EVERYTHING.

Enjoy.

Apparently on modorganizer.ini needs to be correct but i like to be thorough.
Back to top Go down
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why? Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!