I have tested each of these but still CTD upon new game/loading saves:
- Followed the SPM 4.4 install guide (non-steam installation) but larger partition.
- Ran all the redistributables that were in the -=SPM 5 redist=-/Redist/ folder
- Set NVIDIA Shadowplay to manual mode
- Closed MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, etc
- Closed Malwarebytes
- Made an exclusion for the X:\Skyrim directory in Windows Defender
- Disabled 2nd monitor
- Lowered refresh rate of my primary monitor 144hz -> 60hz
- Tried removing d3d9.dll but that just made my game run out of memory
- Edited enblocal.ini but nothing came out of it
- Edited CrashFixPlugin.ini but nothing came out of it
- TESV5.exe + skse_loader.exe as administrator
- Looked into MemoryBlocksLog.txt (turned on for testing) but results look normal
- Tried tilde (`) on main menu followed by left shift + enter but the game just freezes up (wanted to edit the ENB in-game)
- Toggled ENB with shift + f12 on the menu before going into the game
I have checked ModOrganizer.log
nearly each time I ran the pack, and this error came up every time:
INFO (02:39:40.0386): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "X:\Skyrim\TESV.exe" (f52e8a). Last hooked call: struct HINSTANCE__ *__stdcall LoadLibraryW_rep(const wchar_t *
I'm not sure where I went wrong or if I skipped a step somewhere (no SPM5 installation guide to my knowledge so I did what I could). I would appreciate some help in uncovering the issue. I'm also curious whether there's a Discord for this community or not since the real-time chat functionality of it would make troubleshooting much easier.
Windows 10 Pro v1803
16GB DDR4 @3000MHz
Boot drive 120 GB SSD
Game stored on 1TB HDD @7200RPM; 200 gb partition drive X
Primary monitor: 1080p 144hz
Secondary monitor: 1080p 60hz
CTD upon new game / loading save. Alternatively, an infinite loading screen if I remove d3d9.dll
with an error popup in the background that I'll paraphrase to "out of memory".
I can't believe it but typing all of that out must have given my brain some new insight. I tweaked a couple things I'm not sure about (primarily enblocal.ini
) and it actually loaded into a save now.
I suppose I should mention some new problems that have arisen within the first minute of having gotten to play:
- System volume cannot be changed while the game window is active, meaning I'd have to to set it up beforehand, tweak in-game values often, or have an amp/dac to adjust volume independently of the system.
- Tabbing out kills the game in fullscreen; The game just closes.
- Borderless has strange inconsistent behavior upon tabbing out and back into the game. The game's graphics don't update but the sound does still; all actions still audible, but game window is frozen.