Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Crash from reading binary data/corrupt NIF

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iilysium
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Crash from reading binary data/corrupt NIF   Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:07 am

I've included a picture of the error message. I installed using the legendary guide. I get this crash everytime I've tried to go near people or fast travel to a city or inn. The gameplay is otherwise fine in an open field with say, just wolves. No stuttering, movements are smooth, no lag. :( 

Things I've tried:
NIFHealer 
Cleaning Masterfiles
Tweaking skyrim ini/enblocal files to recommended settings
Made sure autosaves are off and any temp files deleted
Closed all programs running in the background except skyrim
All drivers up to date
I haven't added any other mods or messed with original downloaded list.

My specs: 
16gb RAM
Nvidia 980GTX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plasmatic
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Crash from reading binary data/corrupt NIF   Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:58 pm

I am experiencing something similar, though its complaining about grass textures.

but I have messed with optional mods and accidentally messed with the mod load order i think, so I'm going to try reinstalling the pack and seeing if that helps.

is there a file I can copy over from zip to reset load order?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plasmatic
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Crash from reading binary data/corrupt NIF   Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:19 pm

This is really strange.

After the previous NIF errors I decided I would reinstall the game and redo everything, it worked for a bit, but then my computer died.

Now I've built a whole new computer (the only thing in common is the harddrives but i wiped them all before reusing)

And I'm getting a NIF corrupted error as soon as I go north of Morthdal near solitude.

the last opened files were skystars.dds and skyrimgalaxy.dds

Could the modpack I got be corrupted somewhere are the game files corrupted? It's the non steam version as suggested.

I feel like even if I reinstall it will just crash somewhere else half way through the game, I already started a new game with the new computer and managed to get to level 47.

I'm starting to feel like this modpack is just never going to work for me, I may as well buy Skyrim SE and find a few mods I like and try to get that to work..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash from reading binary data/corrupt NIF   

Back to top Go down

Crash from reading binary data/corrupt NIF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!