Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

errors in install guide ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iFlea
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: errors in install guide ?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 pm

I have installed it for my skyrim steam install and all is working fine. When I tried followiung your install guide topic I couldn't get it to work. I will write up what I found to be a mistake (as it didn't work). Maybe it will save others some frustrations. I have seen on this forum quite a few topics about problems with steam install and most of them when I read them suggest that could be avoided with few small changes to the install guide... 

First of all it could be stated more clearly to copy contents of skyrim folder into skyrim install folder rather than "contents of the pack"... the pack is a folder called spm and it's contents is folder called skyrim which means take folders called skyrim and move it into steam install folder... ends up with skyrim in skyrim and all things are not in skyrm directory. I couldn't get anything to work until I had everything in skyrim install folder rather than a subfolder called skyrim within skyrim install folder... It is advised to use extract to option and I have seen in another posts about steam install issues that people do that... thing is when you do that things are extracted into skyrim/skyrim folder... so there is a skyrim subfolder in skyrim installation folder and all stuff lands there rather than in installation folder where tesv.exe is... 

When following instructions about replacing things in ModOrganizer.ini... well they do not make sense and do not work. Replacing X:\ and X:/ through use of ctrl+h results in double path everywhere (skyrim\skyrim... as I explained above... this must be wrong) and so I ended up using ctrl+f replacing things one by one making sure all paths are correct. Another thing is that when replacing X:/ in install guide topic it says to replace with path using \ and after doing that and running mo going back into ini file it all is messed up and again, doesn't work. When I disregarded inatll guide toopic instruction and use / instead of \ all was fine... in other words when replacing X:\ use \ when replacing X:/ use /... and the install guide misses \ with /... 

I don't know how much from what I wrote is possible to understand, I am quite messy in explaining things :) Any questions I will be glad to elaborate. The reason is... I had issues and couldn't get it to work following installation guide... I did things that seem to be more logical to me but are not what the guide says and the things work fine after that. Suggests mistake in a guide? Could someone check please and spare some other poor soul who will try to install for steam frustrations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iFlea
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: errors in install guide ?   Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 am

I found another problem with ENB. at start there is yellow tooltip that enter + shift should briung up eng gui. it also says as much in your faq. i couldnt get it to work untill i looked in ebonlocal.ini file. The "KeyEditor=" value was set to 17 and after some google research I found out that it should be 13. after changing thta enb gui is coming up with shift+enter as it should.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: errors in install guide ?   Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 am

Hello and sorry for the late reply again!

The steam guide is correct but i still don't recommend it.Why?

1.It is very prone to user error
2.it can create "file-path is too long" (generated by windows) error because of the steam path.
3.With the method i recommend you can keep multiple version of modded "Skyrims" seperated from one another.

-The steam install guide is not written by me but by someone that was a moderator at some point. (thus install instructions was a joint thread)
-I will take a look at the other things you mentioned and see if anything needs correction
-Assuming that you have modded Skyrim before and even if you didn't there should be no logical reason for Skyrim\Skyrim to exist
-Contents refers to everything in the pack thus in Skyrim folder.

About ENB :

Some advanced ENB's and ENB preset creators use their own specific keys for different functions of ENB for example WolfGrimDark uses Left SHIFT+Left CTRL combo i will try to edit and mention these things in FAQ.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: errors in install guide ?   

Back to top Go down

errors in install guide ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!