Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Steam Install Error

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RevanCodes
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Steam Install Error   Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm currently trying my hand at installing the mod pack through steam.

1.) I've completed step one and installed Skyrim and all it's DLCs (except High textures)
2.) I've extracted the contents of the pack into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Skyrim
3.) Using the NVIDIA Control Panel I've set the appropriate settings for tesv.exe
4.) I've appropriately edited my MO's .ini file and have the correct path set for everything there.
5.) I have started MO and verified that I have 204 modds in the left and 143 in the right and I used the Mod Load Order pictures to verify that everything is set properly.

The last step I have is to start SKSE through MO to play the game. With the default settings when I try to launch SKSE through MO I get the error message, "Couldn't find TESV.exe"

Things I have tried:

-I've used "edit executable" in MO and made sure that both the SKSE and TESV.exe for skyrim were both set to the right path. Both were good.
-Under MO's .ini file I've made sure the path to the game file and other paths are correct, all seem to be well.
-I went to the redist folder and made sure that all redist were installed and if the option was available, I repaired them.
-I've uninstalled everything and started back from Step 1 with the same issue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iFlea
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Steam Install Error   Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 pm

you bumped into same problems as I did, i think. have a look at the post few above yours called "eorrors in install guide?", i just made it. 

In short try this:

make sure you take all contents of skyrim folder (the one that came out of zip file) and paste them into your steam skyrim folder (there will be some files that will override). Your post suggests you did what I initially did and used option to extract into ...steamapps/common/skyrim folder and that creates another skyrim folder within your skyrim folder and dumps everything there. And that's not where it all should be. All those executables should be in the same folder as tesv.exe 

Secondly if you follow guide on replacing "X:/" and "X:\" it doesn't work. First of all if you use ctrl+h you end up with double path (...skyrim/skyrim...) secondly "/"and "\" are mixed up... when "X:/" than "/", when "X:\" than "\".... and guide tells us to use "\" when replacing "X:/" ... makes zero sense and doesn't work... at least didn't for me until I stopped following guide and started thinking on my own. Ill paste as spoiler contentents of my modorganizer.ini below. For the reference my install path is "D:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim". As you wil lsee in my ini file I use / where guide says to use \ when replacing paths for X:/ and i dont have any skurim/skyrim paths that get created when using ctrl+h replacing method. You could just copy paste my whole ini file and go manually use ctrl+f to to look for "D:" and replace all "D:" with your path start "C:\Program Files (x86)"

ModOrganizer.ini:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Steam Install Error
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!