Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WTFsandwichpl0x
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed   Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:25 am

Was working just fine most of the day (10+ hours on the file with no issue), but now all of a sudden it crashes on sleep and wait. I searched a bit and saw this happens with certain incompatible mods, but I've added nothing on top of the pack. The only thing I did differently that I can think of was deactivate Draugnarok through MCM a few hours before these crashes started to occur, but that seems odd that it would be the cause. Haven't tried reactivating it to see.

Sometimes it will let me sleep for short periods of time (1-2 in game hours), and the crashes always occur on sleep/wait ending, not during the ticking down of the hour counter.

I looked for any crash/error logs that might shed some light but didn't come up with much. I suppose I could just turn off the sleep in RND so that's not an issue, but there's still situations where I would want or need to wait/sleep and I do like the necessity aspect of it.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrimeReaperMan
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed   Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 am

I had the exact same situation, I sleep for 8+ hours which is almost guaranteed to make it crash. Sometimes if you sleep or wait in interiors, it's fine until you go outside, or sometimes if you wait outside, upon loading all assets back, it crashes too. At first I thought it might be EFF and the fact that my pc could barely handle 3 followers, which might also be the cause, however I found that it wasn't actually that mod that was causing it

This problem also happened to me when I became thane of whiterun and when I already had uthgerd, a mercenary, and had just recently picked up lydia. I don't know what to tell you dude. I just installed 4.4 yesterday and I'm dreading things like what you're saying and that it will happen to me again. Good luck though, and please let us know if you find a solution!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WTFsandwichpl0x
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed   Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 pm

As of now I'm just waiting/sleeping 2 hours at a time and it hasn't crashed since. Bit of a nuisance but it'll do in a pinch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrimeReaperMan

PostSubject: Re: Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed   Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 pm

BTW what lvl is your character and how many hours into your save did you have before you faced this issue? Do you create new saves or just use quicksave? Also were you overencumbered at the time or nearly so? These things can be important! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WTFsandwichpl0x
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed   Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Roughly level 20 or so, about 10 hours in, nowhere near overencumbered, always did clean full saves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed   

Back to top Go down

Latent Crash on Sleep, No Extra Mods Installed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!