Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Version 5 and donations?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zethfoxster
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Version 5 and donations?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:21 pm

reading through this forum Im noticing that this project is a complete labor of love....
seems like the things slowing down the project most is rotten get absolutely no support from doing the work hes doing...
his computer broke down a few months ago and delayed the project, things like having to support his kids and pay his rent and having to work extra to do so is slowing the project down.

it also seems rotten doesn't know how to get donation for something like this from his much eager fans...and I can tell you right now forum ads only barely cover the bandwidth cost of the project, coming from a different project a couple years ago unrelated to skyrim....

so to rotten I would like to point out....you can very easely set up a paypal for this project, and use paypal.me option in paypal to create a donate button you can link on your site so us hungry vultures waiting for 5.0 can help deminish some of the financial burdens so you have a little more free time to do your work on this...or even so we can thank you for the work you did on 4.4...

do it rottendubz, working on my old project I can tell you when I had 10k downloads a month, and a couple thousand "thanks for the great project" on my forum...I couldn't hand "thank you" letters to my landlord....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johndoetes
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm

You can support RottenDub on his Patreon. Go get the link on his youtube page here: https://www.youtube.com/user/RottenDocRo/about I'm not sure if i should link the Patreon page directly because people with the wrong intentions might have it taken down or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zethfoxster
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 am

i saw the peatron...but thats a different monster altogether...and it only have 3 people, even for myself peatron is a massive turn off, a contract monthly to pay someone.

Im talking a 1 time use, wham bamm here take money, button...

its the reason i even came across this forum, i was looking for a place to donate cause with all that work it felt wrong not to give the team back something...then I learned its just one guy (sure he has help here and there but the bulk is all him)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johndoetes
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:52 am

I donated via his Patreon. After my Patreon wrote $50 off from my creditcard i canceled the subscription. I told Rotten I would not be able to afford it every month and he didn't mind if i canceled it. Maybe you could do the same. I bet it will always be welcome :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wyleray
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: I would donate if I knew he was working on it...   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 am

Last I heard he was having issues and not working on it. Why donate to something he isn't doing? If I'm wrong I'd love to hear it.. I would donate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dutchblizzard
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:21 pm

@Wyleray wrote:
Last I heard he was having issues and not working on it. Why donate to something he isn't doing? If I'm wrong I'd love to hear it.. I would donate.
it's because he has put a lot of time in it already and previouse versions and if that wasn't enough he also doinging this with other games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johndoetes
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm

@Wyleray wrote:

You sound like someone who feels entitled to expect something in return for a donation. It's called a donation for a reason. Donating to someone is different than buying from someone. He has done plenty of work in the past and may continue to do so in the future. I know my donation went to a good cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wyleray
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Entitled?   Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:44 am

@johndoetes wrote:
@Wyleray wrote:

You sound like someone who feels entitled to expect something in return for a donation. It's called a donation for a reason. Donating to someone is different than buying from someone. He has done plenty of work in the past and may continue to do so in the future. I know my donation went to a good cause.
You donate to a cause or project with the expectation that said project or cause will use your money to further improve upon their project or to aid their cause. I can choose my reason to donate just like you can, I donate on Patreon often, and have donated to charitable organisations before. Rottendub has basically been silent on the forums for awhile now. I choose not to support somebody that seems uninterested. If I hear that progress has been made, I may change my mind. To say I feel entitled to anything is ignorant. I work for my money. Everybody should be expected to. The fact that he has done work in the past may have indeed warranted a donation, but this creator has apparently got other means of obtaining money, and isn't losing any of it due to his work on this project. I donate when I believe it will help attain an end goal, not to shower somebody with money when I don't believe they need it. The strict definition of "donate" is basically irrelevant. I don't go online or to the library for strict definitions so that I may live my life by them. Be it called anything other than donate my point still remains. Maybe I do see it as a way to pay a person, at least in this circumstance. I guess I do feel "entitled" to have the money I earned go to something that will benefit me in the end, in this case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 am

No donations are needed for any projects present here now , in the past or in the future, everything is done out of pure love for the games and helping other people save time and sanity , not for any monetary gain.

Tools and mod authors deserve it much more ( a VERY GOOD example is Tannin42 ) without even one missing link no modpacks would be possible on the level they are now.

If you guys won't read anything below this PLEASE read this : don't argue over this subject! It's something i don't ever want to see here.

Yes I've been absent from the forums because i am indeed going through some VERY HARD times on a personal level.
Multiple mod packs will be released in the future in regards to Skyrim and many other games, this is something that i won't abandon in the near future. No significant progress was made in the creation of SPM5 in the last months because of hardware and personal reasons, SPM5 will be released when it's ready with no due date and NEVER abandoned !

As of this year I now have the hardware to continue working it and on many packs (with small exceptions) and work will be done at slower pace that was done with 4.4 .

I am anything but "uninterested" in the modpacks that were released and will be released in the future.

If you considered donating something to someone PLEASE direct it towards a mod tool author / mod author or a favorite charity!

I hope i haven't offended anyone and if i did it wasn't my intention!

Last edited by RottenDub on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small Corrections)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 am

Wonderfully said, strong and positive words Rotten.  It's great to hear that you're still as motivated as ever, and I'm glad you've finally leveled up your hardware.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johndoetes
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:15 pm

@Tenka wrote:
Wonderfully said, strong and positive words Rotten.  It's great to hear that you're still as motivated as ever, and I'm glad you've finally leveled up your hardware.

I wouldn't have know how to express myself as a reply to Rotten's message. But this totally sums it up for me :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wyleray
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Wonderful!   Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:02 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
No donations are needed for any projects present here now , in the past or in the future, everything is done out of pure love for the games and helping other people save time and sanity , not for any monetary gain.

Tools and mod authors deserve it much more ( a VERY GOOD example is Tannin42 ) without even one missing link no modpacks would be possible on the level they are now.

If you guys won't read anything below this PLEASE read this : don't argue over this subject! It's something i don't ever want to see here.

Yes I've been absent from the forums because i am indeed going through some VERY HARD times on a personal level.
Multiple mod packs will be released in the future in regards to Skyrim and many other games, this is something that i won't abandon in the near future. No significant progress was made in the creation of SPM5 in the last months because of hardware and personal reasons, SPM5 will be released when it's ready with no due date and NEVER abandoned !

As of this year I now have the hardware to continue working it and on many packs (with small exceptions) and work will be done at slower pace that was done with 4.4 .

I am anything but "uninterested" in the modpacks that were released and will be released in the future.

If you considered donating something to someone PLEASE direct it towards a mod tool author / mod author or a favorite charity!

That is good to hear! I donate to mod authors whose work I enjoy (immersive (armors, weapons, creatures)), deadly dragons, monster mod, I think that is basically it. You seem to put in a lot of work here and I enjoy the result. I didn't mean to offend, I just didn't know if you were still working on the project. Will donate in the near future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johndoetes
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 pm

@Wyleray wrote:
@RottenDub wrote:

That is good to hear! I donate to mod authors whose work I enjoy (immersive (armors, weapons, creatures)), deadly dragons, monster mod, I think that is basically it. You seem to put in a lot of work here and I enjoy the result. I didn't mean to offend, I just didn't know if you were still working on the project. Will donate in the near future!

Sorry if i offended you in any way. I may sounded harsh but that's not what i am. I'm a very kind person :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Version 5 and donations?   

Back to top Go down

Version 5 and donations?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!