Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shallot
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm

My first instinct was to add it into my nexus mod manager but it took so long to "move" the file. I left it on all night and nothing happened. Then I took a look inside the zip file and it looks more like the whole skyrim game so I'm thinking I'm supposed to empty the contents into my skyrim game folder manually.

I wanted someone to confirm this because I couldn't find anywhere on the site how to actually use it.
Heck, I couldn't even find a download page for it. I had to google it and found someone in these forums with a download link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm

@Shallot wrote:
My first instinct was to add it into my nexus mod manager but it took so long to "move" the file. I left it on all night and nothing happened. Then I took a look inside the zip file and it looks more like the whole skyrim game so I'm thinking I'm supposed to empty the contents into my skyrim game folder manually.

I wanted someone to confirm this because I couldn't find anywhere on the site how to actually use it.
Heck, I couldn't even find a download page for it. I had to google it and found someone in these forums with a download link.

http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/t125-installation-guide-tutorials

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/legendary-install-guide.html

Shallot
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:45 pm

ooooook then. So the instructions state I have to have the drive letter X just to make it work. So basically this install guide is more about making your computer compatible with the mod rather than the actual game.

After actually looking at the mod list I realize that 70% of the contents are textures. It's more of a resource pack than an actual modpack. Not really a lot of work needed to make something like that stable.

I think I'll pass. I'm not worried about how a game looks so much as the passion that went into making it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:47 pm

@Shallot wrote:
ooooook then. So the instructions state I have to have the drive letter X just to make it work. So basically this install guide is more about making your computer compatible with the mod rather than the actual game.

After actually looking at the mod list I realize that 70% of the contents are textures. It's more of a resource pack than an actual modpack. Not really a lot of work needed to make something like that stable.

I think I'll pass. I'm not worried about how a game looks so much as the passion that went into making it.

All-right then.Bye!

Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 am

Holy shit, haha.  Yeah, get outa here.

Edit: Spoiler for people who don't like inside jokes and unexplained glances: Rotten has devoted all of his still sane free time to making this pack perfect.  Not the biggest or the prettiest or the hardest, but perfect, those other qualities just come along naturally when someone puts as much thought into Skyrim as he has.
The OP's purely internal observations were an amusing level of misguided.  I should try to be more pro around here, but their blunt leftfieldness was silly to me.

Rotten has a huge wall art here, that's the pack it's a metaphor, he's used themes (mods) from plenty of hundreds of other artists(mod authors) and is positioning all of them to compliment and agree with each other.  Other people add their suggestions to this too, painting things around the edges, which if they've tested and thought about their ideas enough helps Rotten out sometimes.  What the OP was doing here was more like vandalizing the picture, just throwing paint at it.

Last edited by Tenka on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Okay I can say a little bit more, then I fixed a duplicate word)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robosky
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:10 pm

@Shallot wrote:

This is bait, if you took any time to look at anything you would know your wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 am

Oh damn, it might be, if so I've been had.  If it's bait then it's at least really good though, they're calling the whole pack a "mod."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol   

Back to top Go down

So uhh... How do I actually install this modpack? lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!