Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CTD on save

Go down 
AuthorMessage
New Face!

CTD on save Empty
PostSubject: CTD on save   CTD on save EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 pm

RottenDub it's amazing how many hours you've put into this, and during the time that this mod compilation worked for me I enjoyed it immensely, which is why I'm still trying to get it running...

I looked at your advice on fixing CTD on save, and I've deleted the .tmp file that exists, and completely checked the mod list and priority. I was able to get to level 15 and at that point the game would almost always crash on any kind of save. 

I got to level 15 without dropping below 30 FPS I don't feel the need to mention my specs. 

I had task manager on for a while, and upon turning it off the problem went away for about 30 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with this!

I downloaded this modpack from the link in your "Installation Guide" via torrent. I'm redownloading it in case that's the problem, but again, because I could run it for quite a few hours without any CTD problems, I don't see how that could be the issue. There are mods in the 4.4 version that are not in your modwatch list. This strikes me as a cause for some small concern.

But as I said I went through the whole mod list and disabled any mods not in your modwatch, and I corrected the mod order. I was surprised I had to, since I did use 7zip to unzip the mod more than twice. 

Do you have any advice? I'd love to get this running. I always liked Skyrim, and this modpack really unlocks it's potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
New Face!

CTD on save Empty
PostSubject: Re: CTD on save   CTD on save EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 5:39 pm

After looking into this more, I found this:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/540731690766780373/?ctp=2
which offers advice on Skyrim crashes in general. The last post suggests disabling HDT high heels will fix the problem. So I disabled this, and kept restarting the game, disabling the mods dependent on it, until it ran. 

This worked! I'm not experiences crashes right now. I'm a little sad to have lost about 8 mods out of the pack but it's a small price to pay.

So, if anyone else has a persistent CTD when saving problem with 4.4, you might try this. 

*** Edit. This worked for a few hours. Now I have CTD on save again, AND ALSO CTD on load. Yaaay. ***
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CTD on save
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!