Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeremyVII
New Face!
New Face!

Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."   Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 12:35 am

So my friend gets this error whenever booting up skyrim perfectly modded through SKSE. When she tries to change the resolution through the launcher it doesn't work. When she does the same through the .ini files it doesn't work. Anybody know of a solution to this. It's really bad, it's making us sad. Also she has a 144HZ display on her new alienware laptop.
Back to top Go down
Selrach
New Face!
New Face!

Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."   Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Same Problem here. I followed exactly the setup from the 4.4 version of the Modpack. But as soon as i run SKSE trough MO (or directly) it sais Failed to initialise renderer. That my display doesn't support the resolution and that i should change the resolution in the skyrim launcher.

But it doesn't matter which resolution or where i change it (NVidia Menu, Skyrim Launcher, Ini) the error stays. I got an older (but perfectly working) 42" Full HD LG LCD with 60hz (next thing i'll update on my setting^^).
And my pc setup shouldn't be a Problem,
win 10 pro
32gb ram
i7 6700k
rtx 2070 super

would be nice to get some advice, literally every google search wasn't helpful
Back to top Go down
Selrach
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."   Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 12:05 am

ok, i spent the whole day, with binge watching & tinkering and i found out how to fix this problem. And it's pretty simple :D

Navigate to the folder c:\users\yourPCname\documents\my games\skyrim
Delete both .ini's (backup them first)

Then start Skyrim normally (just the normal skyrim launcher), it detects your optimal graphic settings and writes new .ini's.

Copy both ini's and search for the same names in your Skyrim PM installation folder.
There are serveral copys of it, replace them all with the new ones from your my games folder.

I hope it starts after. Mine does...unfortunately it crashes just before the menu comes up. But hey, i got 3 seconds further in just 10 hours, maybe i'll be able to play on tuesday XD
Back to top Go down
Freakyman
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."   Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 3:17 am

For anyone having this issue goto Mod Organizer, goto the 5th icon from the top right, Called Tools, click it and goto ini editor, under skyrim prefs change, iSize H=1080
iSize W=1920 as its set to a different resolution the example shown here is what i changed it to. and change theĀ sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070" as RottenDub profile has it set to a 1080TI so make sure to change to your graphics card and keep the quotation marks as it is required.

Once i changed these options i was able to boot up and no longer have the error "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."   Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution." Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyrim Perfectly Modded crashing for a friend "Failed to initialise renderer. Your display doesn't support the selected resolution."
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!