Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

install issues.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alienfreak101
New Face!
New Face!

install issues. Empty
PostSubject: install issues.   install issues. EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 am

so ive unzipped it put it in the skyrim install folder, in my case its C: so i have to change X:\\ and X:/ to C:\\ and C:/ if im correct. did that and then mod organizer was asking for skyrim path so i went back in saw it was Skyrim\\Skyrim so i took out the extra skyrims and now i have the mods on my left pane all unchecked and no plugins on the right aside from base game. https://gyazo.com/9bade27acdac137c33aeeb84b0d7ecf8
as you can see there.
paths are C:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim and C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim
i would have pertition the drive but it says i dont have enough room despite having 200 gb free to do so. 
does C drive just not work period? or what the hell is wrong.
Back to top Go down
slider9669
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
slider9669

install issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: install issues.   install issues. EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 2:24 pm

@alienfreak101 wrote:
so ive unzipped it put it in the skyrim install folder, in my case its C: so i have to change X:\\ and X:/ to C:\\ and C:/ if im correct. did that and then mod organizer was asking for skyrim path so i went back in saw it was Skyrim\\Skyrim so i took out the extra skyrims and now i have the mods on my left pane all unchecked and no plugins on the right aside from base game. https://gyazo.com/9bade27acdac137c33aeeb84b0d7ecf8
as you can see there.
paths are C:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim and C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim
i would have pertition the drive but it says i dont have enough room despite having 200 gb free to do so. 
does C drive just not work period? or what the hell is wrong.

If u look here http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/t125-1-installation-guide-tutorials

I believe it says to not install on C drive because it does cause issues. I also know but cant find where its at but maybe u do have something wrong and easiest way i recall to do it ( i havent messed with this pack in years as i do my own modding ) is to open up notepad or notepad++ and find all the drive letters that need changing at once and change them to what they need to be, he posted some where on here how to do this but i cannot find it no where, maybe i overlooked it or it was posted in a comment and not pinned in the tutorials but to be safe i wouldnt install to C as im sure its a Access issue that would cause problems and why its not recommended. U can buy SSDs or even regular HDs pretty damn cheap these days like stupid cheap so u should def snag another.

EDIT: I actually found it. 

Step 4: Open File "Modorganizer.ini" in your Skyrim Folder using Notepad or Notepad++

1. Press CTRL+H for Notepad and Notepad++ to bring up the Find & Replace Window

2. Find "X:\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim)"

3. Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"

*Note the double and single slashes.

Link to the instructions for that are here >   http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/t125-1-installation-guide-tutorials

But again i dont think it will work on C drive but can try.
Back to top Go down
alienfreak101
New Face!
New Face!

install issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: install issues.   install issues. EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 2:53 pm

yeah i figured i would end up getting another drive, i did follow what you posted, and the weird thing btw using notepad ++ when i go to do \\ replacements it only does one \ and not 2 for some odd reason so i had to go and put the extra one myself. find it annoying i have to get another hard drive just to play modded skyrim smh but i can get a 300 gb hd  for 25$ (15000rpm) so that works eh. dont have room for another ssd on mb or i would do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

install issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: install issues.   install issues. Empty

Back to top Go down

install issues.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!