Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
archangel
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? Empty
PostSubject: Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?   Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Does anyone know why the shields never go to your hand/are invisible? On any profile, even the preset. I cant play without this, as this seems like a symptom of a much larger issue. Also, figured out a basic workaround for the many (mostly conjuring spells) not being able to be cast in right hand - use the Smart Cast in the MCM - still buggy though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
archangel
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?   Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 8:46 am

SO at first I thought that was it! I re-dl'ed EVERYTHING and fresh installed -  All was right with the world, until I had a hunch, upon loading Rottendubs preconfigured save - versus the NORD I just made, the shields were invisible again and the *animations were off* compared to the Nord character. Whatever has been setup in the preload is configured for NORDS - had shield probelms with Bretons and Wood Elves - Nords = GG even under pressy pressy spam spam mode of equipping shield sword combo. At least we can do Nords EZ - maybe make a completely new save? Try that out? Im not versed even *remotely* enough to know how to configure the 45, 47, 35 etc positions for the animations - the NORD reaches for his back and the back sword - Ill tinker some more and put the sword position on the back with the other races and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
archangel
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?   Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 9:09 am

Yeah I have no idea, now I *kind of* get it working by switching the animation to sword on back in XPMSE - but then you cant use the hotkey, you HAVE to go into the categorized favorites (pressing Q) menu. This is AFTER I initialize frostfall - very very odd. I wish I had Rotten to weigh in, does anyone have any pointers? I can post screenshots and a video too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atrolle
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?   Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 7:58 am

Could you explain this work around more, ive had som 5 since release and the shield problem persist on any game, pre config'd orr new.You mention changing the sword postion in xpse might fix it, you go explain in depth more? Does simply moving sword to back fix it? 1st and 3rd person? Preconfig, New game? Which race?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
optimusakc
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this
optimusakc

PostSubject: Re: Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?   Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 7:01 am

Hey guys, I had the same problem and the only way I have been able to solve this problem is to disable shields in "All Geared Up" menu. I get the odd buggy problem where the shield will stay in your hand after you put it away or sometimes the animations don't match up when grabbing the shield but so far I have been able to use any shield in the game and they all show in my hand when fighting. If you switch to your bow or two handed weapon then the shield will disappear from the body but as soon as you equip it again it will pop back up. I will take this minor problem over not seeing the shields at all when fighting.

I also just tried switching to different races, female and male and shields worked on all of them so hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?   Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shield is Invisible in Hand - Stays Only On Back?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!