Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Right hand can't cast spells, what do...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TKG117
I'm getting the hang of this

Right hand can't cast spells, what do... Empty
PostSubject: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 8:58 am

As the topic says when I try to cast spells my right hand the animation looks like it starts for about half a second and then nothing happens the only spells I have been able to cast on my right hand has been the healing spell and the frost spell. Anyone have a fix for this. Trying to play a pure mage.
Back to top Go down
DeafEyeAnce

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 7:31 am

I'm having the same issue. It seems to be random which spells work in that hand. It makes spells like Ocato's recital impossible to use as it is required to hold it in the right hand. I've switched keybinds around to make sure that isn't the issue. 

P.S. My right hand doesn't even start animations, clicking simply does nothing with certain spells equipped.
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 7:44 am

Yeah, I've noticed this too but the animation at least shows what seems like the first couple of frames so far no matter the spell. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the animation but a lot of people online seem to think it may be a problem with some dual welding mods so idk... at least so far all destruction spells have worked for me but nothing really else.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
DeafEyeAnce

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:25 am

I have noticed if you spam click the spell that doesn't work it will lock you into the slow walk which is enabled for normal spell casting. 
Have you tried disabling any of the dual sheathe mods or other suspected culprits? I'm a little too terrified to mess with the load order to have tried it myself.
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:37 am

I have tried the to disable the sheath mod did nothing from me a thread did say that

Dual wield blocking animation.
*Dual wield improved animation
*dodge mod.

Seem to cause this problem but I would need to find them uninstall and then remerge but I'd of they are even installed if anyone knows where and if they are I would appreciate it. I would try right after tho.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
DeafEyeAnce

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 am

I disabled TK Dodge to see if that was creating the issue. I still couldn't cast spells with the right hand.

There are quick spell mods and spell crafting mods, could any of those be creating the issue?
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 am

I don't think so (I'm guessing you mean smart cast and spell research/crafting in skyrim) the only reason I say this is because these mods shouldn't mess with the animations of the game. And the reason I feel it's the animations getting cut short is just because as I've said the animation will play through for a fraction of a second but then but stop before completion. So I'm guessing it's the animations going to try finis tomorrow since it's getting late rn but iirc I tried it once already with no success. If it does work I'll update if not you can assume it didn't work for me.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
DeafEyeAnce

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 am

I messed around with FNIS, taking out the dual wield and dodge mods and running FNIS. (Nothing changed) and putting them back in and running it again (again nothing changed).

I do get an error about a missing behavior file in Animations\FNIS_PCEA2 and so the mod is ignored. I'm not sure if that could be causing our issue.
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 am

Oh wow I didn't even get to try yet with work and all but that could be a problem iirc fnis pcea2 comes with a spell casting custom animation, this could be the root of the problem... the only problem is if we do take out the pcea2 this could cause problems with the already installed existing mods, not to mention will most likely break the games being played. I mean it may not because if we were to run fnis again then it should just use the base animations I just don't know if rotten took them out fully if he tried to clean up un-needed data I'm still at work and it looks like the company will need me to stay late but. You could try to disable it. Then if it has no success reinstall I don't see that being a problem. But I won't be home till like 11:30 and then I work at 6:30 tomorrow morning so my time is kinda fu**ed rn... (trying to meet end of year quotas) sorry.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
DeafEyeAnce

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 am

No worries, it's nice enough to have someone to bounce ideas off of. I fixed the FNIS warning by manually finding the PCEA2 behavior file and putting it in the directory, which didn't fix the issue. The warning did stop flagging however. I even added a set of animations into the game which still didn't fix it. Do Conjuration and Alteration spells use different animations than Destruction? I feel like the hand clench is the same, but I haven't gone looking for it so I'm not sure on that.

This time around I did notice that if you use a distance spell (summoning or Runes) you can see the icon flicker red if the range is too far. Not sure if that's helpful at all, just thought it was interesting.

It's probably a really simple reason, or fix, that we're just not thinking of.
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 2:08 am

Damn, that sucks that it didn't work. Was getting happy that we might have found the issue as for using different animations I don't think they do. I mean they could and they could just look the same but I doubt it, if I get the time I can check the running animation in the creation kit right? To see what animation should be playing... while I've never done this I'm assuming it should at least tell us what animation is running. As for mod conflicts could you ever find any dual welding mods, like the ones I listed prior was checking during lunch rn and some people have seemed to have a similar issue with the above mentioned mods. Like the dual wield blocking even the Dodge mod, all though I already tried uninstalling the TK Dodge mod with no real success. But this is like the last thing I can even think of, I'll keep looking when I take my next break...

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
x006xp

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 11:09 am

Found where the problem is coming from. The problem is in "More Spells - [•Rotten Merge•]" and "Spells Addon 2 •RM•"
disabling the 2 esp fixed the right hand spell issue. problem is the 2 esp are needed in the bashed patch, 0.esp, ASIS.esp, and dual shealth redux patch.esp.  An easy way around that is using a esp from some other mod or make a dummy .esp and renaming it to More Spells RM.esp and Spells Addon 2 RM.esp and replacing it with the real ones in the 2 mod folders. But i don't know how much of a problem, if any that would cause down the road. oh yeah remember to back up the real .esp just in case.
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Thx lmao I haven't been able to play much lately with holidays and stuff but I'll try it when I can lmao, you the real mvp

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
doctortalos
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 10:31 am

has anybody come up with a solution to this that doesn't require making dummy esps?
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 pm

I had the same problem - tried to just deal with it until I realized that I could not use certain spells which required use of the right hand.

Thank you for this topic by the way, I was trying to find the issue in the animation mods but wasn't finding it. I somehow remember having this issue with one of the magic mods a long time ago though, maybe the Manantis one? I'm not sure which one it was though.

Because I'm not knowledgeable on handling these kinds of programs, I just disabled "ASIS", "ASIS-Dependency", "More Spells - [•Rotten Merge•]", "Spells Addon 2 •RM•", "Dual Sheath Redux", and "Dual Sheath Redux Patch". I also rebuilt the bashed patch, of course.

The game works fine and I can use my right hand for magic again. Shame I had to remove magic, but that issue was driving me nuts, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 pm

I went to look at the Manantis mod page to see if people might have this issue - I did not see much in the way of this kind of problem - however I did see that Manantis adds animations for magic casting, so it is possible that it is related somehow.
Back to top Go down
x006xp

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:23 am

@Sozerius wrote:
I had the same problem - tried to just deal with it until I realized that I could not use certain spells which required use of the right hand.

Thank you for this topic by the way, I was trying to find the issue in the animation mods but wasn't finding it. I somehow remember having this issue with one of the magic mods a long time ago though, maybe the Manantis one? I'm not sure which one it was though.

Because I'm not knowledgeable on handling these kinds of programs, I just disabled "ASIS", "ASIS-Dependency", "More Spells - [•Rotten Merge•]", "Spells Addon 2 •RM•", "Dual Sheath Redux", and "Dual Sheath Redux Patch". I also rebuilt the bashed patch, of course.

The game works fine and I can use my right hand for magic again. Shame I had to remove magic, but that issue was driving me nuts, lol.
how did you rebuild the bash patch? the included wyre in Spm 5 Mod organizer just crashes every time it starts up.
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 8:34 am

@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

how did you rebuild the bash patch? the included wyre in Spm 5 Mod organizer just crashes every time it starts up.

It doesn't crash for me, I just load up Wyre using the shortcut in the Mod Organizer that came with SPM5.
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 8:44 am

@Sozerius wrote:
@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

It doesn't crash for me, I just load up Wyre using the shortcut in the Mod Organizer that came with SPM5.

In case it matters, I used the method of linking mod organizer's ini files by entering DOS commands to create a link between a X drive that I created, and the steam folder where Skyrim is installed - I did not edit the ini as some threads have suggested, and this works fine. I mention it just in case something like this is what is causing the difference if Wyre will load, or not.
Back to top Go down
x006xp

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 am

@Sozerius wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:
@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

In case it matters, I used the method of linking mod organizer's ini files by entering DOS commands to create a link between a X drive that I created, and the steam folder where Skyrim is installed - I did not edit the ini as some threads have suggested, and this works fine. I mention it just in case something like this is what is causing the difference if Wyre will load, or not.
alright......you lost me at dos commands lol no idea what that is and l'm probably too stupid to understand how to do it and l'm not using the steam version of skyrim. i bought it on steam already but i heard it's better to use the non steam skyrim version so that's what i am using right now. the spm5 runs good on the setup i have now but crashes if i don't clear the vram regularly. i really want to remove some mods but the the dam bash patch always requires i have it so it's been a pain not being able to load up wyre to rebuild the bash patch.
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 am

@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:
@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

alright......you lost me at dos commands lol no idea what that is and l'm probably too stupid to understand how to do it and l'm not using the steam version of skyrim. i bought it on steam already but i heard it's better to use the non steam skyrim version so that's what i am using right now. the spm5 runs good on the setup i have now but crashes if i don't clear the vram regularly. i really want to remove some mods but the the dam bash patch always requires i have it so it's been a pain not being able to load up wyre to rebuild the bash patch.

Ahh, ok. The dos thing is only needed if you use the steam version with SPM5, from my understanding. In short, the ini files are not setup to handle the steam file path, so it involves one of the workarounds to fix that. You don't need to worry about it if you use the other version.

I'm not sure what might be preventing Wyre from working, in that case. =/
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 am

I have seen reports of this exact issue on characters using "Magic Casting Animations Overhaul" in the comments of that mod page - the arm fix in FNIS does not correct the issue, so I am looking into any other possible solutions if this mod is the actual culprit, besides simply removing all of these magic related mods. I might come up empty handed, but if I find anything out, I'll post it here.

I tried both genders and it effects both, I also tried the wood elf save game that is pre-loaded to see if it is a configuration issue, and the 'facelight' spell does not operate if I try to cast it in the right hand (this one does not work on my new game, either - among others.)
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 am

So, I found that the "More Spells - [•Rotten Merge•]" plugin does not create an issue if used by itself.

The problem that prevents the right handed casting animation is coming from "Spells Addon 2 •RM•".

I took it out, rebuilt the bashed patch, and re-patched ASIS - then I removed "Dual Sheath Redux" and "Dual Sheath Redux Patch" - this way I can keep the spells added by 'More Spells'.
Back to top Go down
TKG117

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 am

So it did work? Hmm I wonder what's in the magic add on... that's great though at least we get to keep the spells. Thx for the hard work I'll have to look into this tomorrow for sure.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 12:53 pm

From what I can tell, it seems to contain a merge of these mods:

Loot and Degradation

Spellsword

Thunderchild

Wintermyst

-

Not really sure which might be causing the issue.
Back to top Go down
x006xp

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 am

@Sozerius wrote:
So, I found that the "More Spells - [•Rotten Merge•]" plugin does not create an issue if used by itself.

The problem that prevents the right handed casting animation is coming from "Spells Addon 2 •RM•".

I took it out, rebuilt the bashed patch, and re-patched ASIS - then I removed "Dual Sheath Redux" and "Dual Sheath Redux Patch" - this way I can keep the spells added by 'More Spells'.
is it possible for you to share that updated bash patch with us? i would love to have that exact bash patch one.....well actually if possible a bash patched that has those changes and that doesn't include any mods you have installed that's not included in the original SPM5 mod pack. i don't really use dual stealth redux anyways. Please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
archangel
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Smartcast (kind of) Workaround   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 3:08 pm

A cool little workaround is to use Smartcast from the MCM that comes with SPM 5, not perfect but prevents using alot of editing to the modlist. Still cant combo cast spells that your normally cant already in the right hand, BUT you can use the rings to cast them with 1-9 etc. Pretty cool, you can favorite the rings too. ;-)
Victory
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 pm

@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

is it possible for you to share that updated bash patch with us? i would love to have that exact bash patch one.....well actually if possible a bash patched that has those changes and that doesn't include any mods you have installed that's not included in the original SPM5 mod pack. i don't really use dual stealth redux anyways. Please and thank you.

I actually did add a few .esp files to my list - it seems that Wyre Bash is known to crash on startup on certain systems, maybe try the suggestion here?

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/3140-wrye-bash-crash-on-launch-solution/
Back to top Go down
x006xp

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 6:51 am

@Sozerius wrote:
@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

I actually did add a few .esp files to my list - it seems that Wyre Bash is known to crash on startup on certain systems, maybe try the suggestion here?

The link didn't fix my problem initially, However it did help me figure out what was wrong. i changed my system local to my real country location and unchecked the "beta: use unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" and after a quick restart i was able to finally load up wyre without it crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thank you very much, literally i wouldn't have figured it out if you didn't start the whole process by providing that informative link! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sozerius

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:51 am

@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:
@x006xp wrote:
@Sozerius wrote:

The link didn't fix my problem initially, However it did help me figure out what was wrong. i changed my system local to my real country location and unchecked the "beta: use unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" and after a quick restart i was able to finally load up wyre without it crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thank you very much, literally i wouldn't have figured it out if you didn't start the whole process by providing that informative link! Thank you!
I'm so glad to hear you got it working!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Right hand can't cast spells, what do...   Right hand can't cast spells, what do... Empty

Back to top Go down

Right hand can't cast spells, what do...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!