Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

SPM 5 and NMM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TobySauce
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: SPM 5 and NMM   Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:21 am

Can anyone tell me if spm5 will run on nmm? I'm having trouble getting it to work on mo1. The mods show in the left pane but if I take off the checks, they don't run in the game. Any ideas? I'm running it on windows 10, Radeon RX 470 graphics, with  intel i7-6700k cpu at 4.00ghz. Its not on c drive, its on my external with my game. It installed smoothly on a clean game install so idk what it is.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nampot
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:24 pm

You won't be able to run this on NMM, as everything has been set up for MO. It's also very much worth learning how to use MO because it a far superior mod management utility to NMM.

@TobySauce wrote:
The mods show in the left pane but if I take off the checks, they don't run in the game. Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you're unchecking mods, they're not going to work in game. Once you have placed the modpack into your game directory, and fixed any directory changes in the MO ini file (if you have a Steam install), all you need to do is run SKSE and load one of the three saves to play (depending on whether you want to start a completely fresh character and setup some mod configurations yourself, start without Frostfall enabled, or start without having to do any configuration at all).

The installation is exactly the same as 4.4, so follow the instructions here:

http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/t125-1-installation-guide-tutorials

In the video in this thread, Rotten guides you through setup after loading your choice of save file:

http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/t1035-spm-5-public-early-access
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TobySauce
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:13 am

Ok, thanks for your reply. I did what the video said, following everything. But on this site, it says to make sure the left pane mods are not checked. So I did that, and nothing happened.

When I did leave them checked, it finally loaded but wouldn't go passed the loading screen to the game. I checked and double checked and I'm not sure what I messed up. I am a noob when it comes to mo1, though, so who knows.. I have been trying to learn it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nampot
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm

There are a number of mods that are unchecked by default in the left pane which you SHOULD leave unchecked because they have not been fully tested and may cause issues in your game. You should leave that pane as it comes out of the box so to speak, unless you know what you're doing- same goes for the esps in the right pane, except that you will need to clean your own masters using TESVEDIT.

How long did you give the game to load? That may have just been because SPM5 can take a very long time to get into the main menu, as there is a LOT of content.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TobySauce
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:23 am

I did a re-install again, following the tutorial. But now none of the mods are showing up in the left pane at all besides the main four; the game itself and the 3 dlc's. Other than that, nothing shows up.

Before, I gave the game about 30 minutes to load. When I clicked on the 3rd gamesave it crashed.  It downloaded smoothly in about an hour and a half onto the x\: drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nampot
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am

That sounds like something went very wrong. You did download to separate place, then extract the contents of the archive using 7z to the Skyrim folder, correct? After that, if your game is installed to X:\Skyrim, all you have to do is launch MO and everything should show up correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TobySauce
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Yes, I have an X:\Skyrim on my computer. I extracted it correctly, and put it where it belongs, in the skyrim folder. It downloaded smoothly, no issues, took less than 2 hours to download. A few times, I thought mod organizer didn't see the files at all, but it was just taking a very long, LONG time to see it.

Apparently last night after I re-started the computer, the icons at the top of the mod organizer started showing up, all except for skse and fnis. I fixed fnis after looking online for a solution, but the skse I was just not able to fix. Still haven't. I checked the data tab on the right pane, and it's there, but it's just not showing up in the icons, and it won't load. I made sure to make an exception with my computer security system, so that can't be it.

This time around the left and right panes loaded up ok, but all the left side was unchecked, so I looked up the modlist for spm5 and started checking what was supposed to be checked and what was not. Still didn't work, probably because of the skse thing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I know I probably did something, but not sure what. I followed the guidelines to the letter, even stopping the video as he went so I could copy what he did as he did it. I also checked the written guideline (not for steam). I just can't seem to get it right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPM 5 and NMM   

Back to top Go down

SPM 5 and NMM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!