Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Help with MO on steam installation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isterra
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Help with MO on steam installation   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:52 am

I swear I did everything step by step for the steam installation for this version for Skyrim. 

Every time I try to run MO I get "No game identified in 'X:\Skyrim'. The directory is required to contain the game binary and it's launcher."

I tried the cmd mklink /D "X:\Skyrim" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim" and it still didn't work.

Can anyone help me? I'm dying to check this out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullClogDestroyer
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with MO on steam installation   Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:29 pm

@Isterra

Don't use the mklink. Use the CTRL + F in Notepad ++ and use Find and Replace.

Take your time and it's pretty easy.

My personal mistake was extracting the archive to Skyrim but it extracted to . . .\Skryim\Skyrim.

Took me forever to realize that. After messing the the ModOrganizer.ini and moved all the files out of . . .\Skyrim\Skyrim to just . . .\Skyrim it all started working.

If you're still having issues. I'm on discord and you can do a sharescreen while I try to help you out. 

Let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gizmo-01
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Help with MO on steam installation   Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi!

I´ve successfully edited all x:/Skyrim entries in ModOrganizer.ini (including all slash variants) to my steam installation path by myself and everything seems to work perfectly fine. At least MO doesn´t show any problems and my game starts as expected.
However when i try to load one of the preconfigured character presets in Racemenu it tells me i am missing mods like "KS Hairdos", "Eyes of Beauty" and "Beards".
Could this just be a bug because these mods have been merged into an esp that Racemenu doesn´t recognise? Or did i probably miss to change some important ini settings somewhere else than in ModOrganizer.ini?
Is there any way to check if these mods are working like intended?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullClogDestroyer
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Help with MO on steam installation   Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:33 pm

@Gizmo-01 wrote:
Hi!

I´ve successfully edited all x:/Skyrim entries in ModOrganizer.ini (including all slash variants) to my steam installation path by myself and everything seems to work perfectly fine. At least MO doesn´t show any problems and my game starts as expected.
However when i try to load one of the preconfigured character presets in Racemenu it tells me i am missing mods like "KS Hairdos", "Eyes of Beauty" and "Beards".
Could this just be a bug because these mods have been merged into an esp that Racemenu doesn´t recognise? Or did i probably miss to change some important ini settings somewhere else than in ModOrganizer.ini?
Is there any way to check if these mods are working like intended?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

If you change all the X:/Skyrim entries properly everything should load up correctly in his pre-configured saves or making a new save.

If I were you, I'd delete the profiles folder in . . ./Skyrim/ and extract the profiles folder from the downloaded archive.

Sounds like something was unchecked on either side of the window.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with MO on steam installation   

Back to top Go down

Help with MO on steam installation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!