Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShardastheGolden
New Face!
New Face!
ShardastheGolden

Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? Empty
PostSubject: Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?   Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 12:18 am

I haven't messed with Skyrim and mods for years, the only thing I sort of know is the Nexus mod manager but I keep getting too many issues now until I saw a video saying Mod Organizer is better. I wanted to use a pack to start instead of creating one for myself. I can't seem to find a solid guide on how to install V5 Early Alpha it via Steam, or non-steam. The closest video I could find was Rotten Dub explaining how to change the resolution and presenting the pack. Will that come in the future or do I have to keep fumbling around?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tommysparks
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?   Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 4:21 am

are you using a steam install?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
RottenDub

PostSubject: Re: Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?   Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:31 pm

@ShardastheGolden wrote:
I haven't messed with Skyrim and mods for years, the only thing I sort of know is the Nexus mod manager but I keep getting too many issues now until I saw a video saying Mod Organizer is better. I wanted to use a pack to start instead of creating one for myself. I can't seem to find a solid guide on how to install V5 Early Alpha it via Steam, or non-steam. The closest video I could find was Rotten Dub explaining how to change the resolution and presenting the pack. Will that come in the future or do I have to keep fumbling around?
It's teh same as for 4.4. I would suggest you separate the game from steam.

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/legendary-install-guide.html

http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/t125-1-installation-guide-tutorials

http://perfectlymodded.forumz.ro/f3-spm-4-4

New Face!
New Face!
ShardastheGolden

PostSubject: Re: Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?   Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Figures, I thought it was going to be the V4 guide but I can't seem to get it working. Every time I extract the files to Skyrim either with Winrar or 7zip there's always an error that a few files couldn't be extracted. I'll try installing it in a Skyrim folder outside of Steam, hope it works better for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driveandkill
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?   Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:33 pm

@ShardastheGolden wrote:
Figures, I thought it was going to be the V4 guide but I can't seem to get it working. Every time I extract the files to Skyrim either with Winrar or 7zip there's always an error that a few files couldn't be extracted. I'll try installing it in a Skyrim folder outside of Steam, hope it works better for me.
When I tried installing into steam folder, the path was too long, which causes errors. So you have to copy the folder somewhere else first like say C:\skyrim and install it into that skyrim folder. Steam will still work ingame when you copy it to a different folder but updates dont get installed on that folder which prevents breaking the pack afaik.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?   Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless? Empty

Back to top Go down

Installation guide somewhere? Or am I just clueless?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!