Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Lag with high end PC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nightlord0007
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Lag with high end PC   Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 am

Specs:
Ryzen 1700x CPU
16 GB of Ram
2 1070s running in SLI

Problem:
I have tried running SPM and I find it unplayable.  I get 15-25 fps in nearly every area and I have over 20000 MB of VRAM.  I thought this was an issue at first so I changed my VRAM setting to 16000.  No change in FPS.  If I leave a town I can normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps but then if I encounter enemies it drops and I have normal drops down to 5 fps.  I tried running my game with only one GPU but that did not seem to help one bit.  I am not running high temps either.  I really want to begin my playthrough and any advise that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Lag with high end PC   Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:28 am

@nightlord0007 wrote:
Specs:
Ryzen 1700x CPU
16 GB of Ram
2 1070s running in SLI

Problem:
I have tried running SPM and I find it unplayable.  I get 15-25 fps in nearly every area and I have over 20000 MB of VRAM.  I thought this was an issue at first so I changed my VRAM setting to 16000.  No change in FPS.  If I leave a town I can normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps but then if I encounter enemies it drops and I have normal drops down to 5 fps.  I tried running my game with only one GPU but that did not seem to help one bit.  I am not running high temps either.  I really want to begin my playthrough and any advise that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.
the problem lies with the cpu and sli.
skyrim doesn't support sli correctly, besides the cpu that you have is not able to handle all the mods.

ZOTAC - Geforce GTX 1080TI 11GB AMP!EXTREME edition
Asus-Strix Z270-E Gaming Atx
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8) DDR4@3200Mhz
samsung 960 pro 512GB M.2-2280 ssd
Toshiba-X300 6TB 3.5"@7200RPM
Seagate 4TB 3.5"@7200RPM
fractal design meshify c atx mid tower case
EVGA - supernova G3 750W 80+ gold certified fully modular
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ninjaferret
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Lag with high end PC   Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am

I experience no lag running this games in 1440p resolution. I have only played for about 2 hrs now, but so far, 60 frames is a low average for me. If you are still around, check your Nvidia Control panel settings to make sure they are set as specified in the installation guide and verify you have your latest drivers installed. I would also run some benchmarks on other games or programs to rule out hardware issues. Your CPU is definitely the weak link here, but that level of performance sounds a little too bad TBH.

--
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: GTX 1080Ti
Ram: 16GBDDR4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lag with high end PC   

Back to top Go down

Lag with high end PC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum